The Office of Student Counseling & Development provides confidential, short-term, personal counseling to the graduate, medical, and physician assistant students in the College of Medicine.
Common presenting concerns include:
• Stress, anxiety, depression
• Study skills, time management, concentration
• Career ambivalence, specialty choice, CV/personal statement review, interviewing
All contact with students is maintained confidential barring when disclosure is required by law (e.g., danger to self, others, suspicion of abuse of children, the elderly or disabled). This information is not included in the official student records, nor is it disclosed to the administration, faculty or any licensing board without the student’s written consent.
1. For emergencies, please call 911
2. Otherwise, please send your request for a counseling appointment directly to email@example.com
3. To expedite the scheduling process, indicate all your available dates/times (Monday-Friday, 9:30-4:30). If only a few options are given, this may delay scheduling this appointment in a timely manner.
4. If you do not receive a reply within 24 hours (Monday-Friday, barring holidays), please call (352) 273-8383.