UFCOM Wellness Update: Mental Health Resources for UFCOM Students
As you continue working—from home or on the “front lines”—during the COVID-19 outbreak, we want to ensure that you are able to adequately attend to your mental health and well-being.
As a reminder, here is a list of resources/services that are currently available to you (online or via telehealth)
- UFCOM Office of Student Counseling & Development phone appointments: Call 352-273-8383 or email Dr. Dede [FREE]
- UF Counseling & Wellness Center phone appointments: Call 352-392-1575 or access online resources at https://counseling.ufl.edu [FREE]
- UF Psychiatry Clinic appointments (for medication): Call 352-265-HELP [insurance accepted]
- UF Clinical & Health Psychology Clinic appointments (for psychotherapy): Call 352-265-0294 [insurance accepted]
- UF Health Psychology Clinic (in UF Psychiatry Dept.) appointments (for psychotherapy): Call 352-265-HELP [insurance accepted]
- 2-Minute “Resilience Reset” Daily guided meditation and tip from resilience science facilitated by Dr. Carol Lewis:https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJWuMBoY4jMpNeM6cv_N0Zx59RbQftqgC
- FREE Crisis counseling is offered by:
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline: Call 1-800-273-TALK 1-800-273-8255); Or online chat.
- National Suicide Hotline: Call 1-800-SUICIDE 1-800-784-2433); Or online chat
- Alachua County Crisis Center: 352-264-6789
- FREE Online Meditation resources
- FREE Online Support for Individuals in Recovery
Thank you for all you are doing to protect the health and well-being of our patients and community (by practicing social distancing and/or by providing care)!
PLEASE VISIT THE UFCOM WELLNESS COVID-19 PAGE FOR A FULL LIST OF RESOURCES to promote well-being during COVID-19 Outbreak *Updates added daily*
Messages from the Director of Wellness Programs, UF College of Medicine, Lisa J. Merlo, Ph.D., M.P.E
Dr. Merlo’s Daily Updates
- Accessing Mental Healthcare
- At-Home Ergonomics
- Celebrating Moms
- Combatting Systemic Racism
- Connection & Support
- Explore the Arts
- Financial Well-being
- Get Outside!
- Get Some Rest!
- Gratitude & Good News
- Gratitude & Thanksgiving
- Grooming & Group Updates
- Happy Earth Day!
- Managing COVID-19 Stress & Anxiety
- Mental Health Awareness Month
- PPE Discomfort & Zoom Fatigue
- Recovery Support
- Resources for Researchers, Clinicians, and Others
- Taking Breaks
- Tasks Triage/Digital Detox
- Work-Life Balance